Welcome everyone to our 9th Annual Adaptive Surf Competition during Duke’s OceanFest! We are preparing for one of our biggest events to date and look forward to seeing you there.
Duke’s OceanFest is held each summer in Waikiki in honor of Hawaiian Duke Paoa Kahanamoku, who is remembered as the greatest waterman who ever lived, and Hawaii’s ambassador of Aloha.
THANK YOU TO OUR COMPETITION SPONSORS!
The Wounded Warrior Project
- Saturday August 22nd- Na Koa Wounded Warrior Canoe Regatta at Fort DeRussy park from 8:30am to 4:00pm. AccesSurf will participate with a special adaptive paddling crew. Visit their website for event details.
- Saturday August 22nd- Duke’s OceanFest Opening Ceremony at the Duke’s statue in Waikiki at 5:00pm. AccesSurf has the great honor of being included with the traditional lei draping ceremony!
- Sunday, August 23rd – SUP Paddle Fest- Event organizers would like to extend free registration to any adaptive paddlers who like to participate in the SUP paddle fest. Please email Cara at email@example.com for information.
- Tuesday August 25th – AccesSurf Event Blessing @ 7:00am at the Duke’s Statue.
There is limited space available please register asap if you wish to compete. As divisions fill we will close registration in those heats. You may contact us for details.
Stand, Deaf and Men’s Sit (see below for details)
- Wednesday August 26th- AccesSurf heats:
Men’s Sit, Prone and Wounded Warrior (see below for details)
- Thursday August 27th- AccesSurf heats:
Men’s Sit, Women’s Sit, Prone, Assisted, Expression Session *tandem only (see below for details)
- Thursday August 27th- Waikiki Movie Nights to show AccesSurf 2014 Competition video @ 7:30pm. At the beach event site.
Visit Duke’s OceanFest website to see all events and excitement throughout OceanFest!
AccesSurf Heat Times:
*Please note there may be some changes to the times below prior to event dates, we will do our best to keep you informed. Award times are based on stage availability with all OceanFest events and times below may vary.
Tuesday August 25th:
- 8:00am – Stand (final- one heat)
- 8:30am – Deaf (semi final)
- 8:50am – Deaf (semi final)
- 9:10am- Men’s Sit (semi final)
- 9:40am – Deaf (final)
- 10:30am- Deaf & Stand Awards ( time subject to change)
Wednesday August 26th:
- 8:00am – Men’s Sit (semi)
- 8:30am- Wounded Warrior (semi)
- 9:00am- Wounded Warrior (semi)
- 9:30am Prone (semi)
- 10:00am- Wounded Warrior (final)
- 11:00am- Wounded Warrior Awards ( time subject to change)
- 12:00pm- Assist (semi)
Thursday August 27th:
- 8:00am- Men’s Sit (final)
- 8:30am- Women’s Sit (final-one heat)
- 9:00am- Prone (final)
- 9:30am- Assist (final- one heat)
- 10:00am-Expression Session ( tandem only)
- 11:00am- Awards (remaining divisions time subject to change)