Celebrating 15 Years of Creating an Ocean of Possibilities!
AccesSurf is a Hawaiʻi nonprofit creating community-based programs for anyone with a disability to enjoy the water! Since 2006, AccesSurf has built an inclusive community that empowers people through accessible beach and water programs, where anything is possible.
15 Year Anniversary Milestones
With your help, we can bring 15 more years full of accessible programs and ocean experiences to Hawaiʻi. Here’s a look back at what we’ve accomplished in 15 years:
- Doubling program offerings since its founding to now offer more than 2,500 ocean experiences and 65 program days annually (pre-pandemic)
- Launching the Hawaii Adaptive Surf Team that placed 4th in the world in 2020, made up of participants from Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and Hawaii Island
- Offering 100+ virtual events, surf clinics, and programs safely throughout COVID-19
- Launching an Hawaii Adaptive Surf Contest attracting top adaptive surfers from around the world to the World Famous Waikiki – 15+ countries represented
- AccesSurf Okinawa – 2014 – AccesSurf brought its concepts and Day at the Beach event and trainings to Okinawa
- Created multiple level training programs for lead and key lead volunteer advancement
- Special Day at the Beach pilot programs held on the islands of Lanai & Kauai and a swim clinic on Maui
- Advocate working with the City & County of Honolulu to get permanent accessible beach mats. Over the years, 6 beach mats have been installed on Oahu: 2 at Ala Moana, Kaimana, Waikiki, Ehukai Beach Park, Alii Beach Park, Waimea
One or both of the forms below MUST be submitted before attending an AccesSurf event and will only need to be submitted once.
If you would like to update or verify your information please email: email@example.com
In the Spotlight
Mahalo to our Premier Sponsors!
Everything at AccesSurf is made possible by those who continue to support us. A huge mahalo to our Premier Level sponsors, whose generous support has allowed our programs to impact thousands of lives.
AccesSurf is a 501(c)(3) non-profit.