On the night of November 23, 2013 two of our adaptive surfboards were stolen from the AccesSurf truck in St. Louis Heights, Kaimuki.
We appreciate the support of all TV stations, the newspaper, and friends on our social media outlets for sharing this unfortunate story and trying to help us find the boards. Although the adaptive equipment items have not been found (as of November 28), we are extremely humbled by the generous outpouring of support from the community and their desire to donate equipment and funds to help replace our loss.
Thank you so very much to the following individuals and businesses, along with several anonymous people, for their commitment and/or donation to help us not only replace the adaptive boards, but also purchase additional equipment and custom-made surfboards so that we can continue to serve our families with disabilities:
- Ala Moana Surf Shop
- Amundson Design
- Brian Ford
- Carole Kai Charities/ Great Aloha Run
- Hawaiian South Shore Surf Shop
- Dana Ong
- Phil and Camille Rellinger
- Darrly Takizawa
- Robert Woliver
- Miki Yoshida
If you would like to further provide support for our programs and equipment needs, please call, Mark Marble, co-founder of AccesSurf at 808-218-9804 or email at email@example.com.
The following is a description once again of the boards that were stolen:
– One 12-foot Surftech Soft-top Rescue Surfboard with yellow and red markings. The board also has handles and is marked with “ASH” (AccesSurf Hawaii) in black letters.
– One 12-foot white Infinity Adaptive Surfboard. The board is custom made with adaptive handles and padding to assist and protect people with disabilities while surfing. The board is also marked in black with “ASH.”
The estimated value of the rescue board is approximately $800 and the custom Infinity board is about $1,200. The boards can still be returned, no questions asked. Please call Cara Troy, programs coordinator at 808-748-1820 or Mark Marble, co-founder of AccesSurf at 808-218-9804 with any information.
Mahalo for all of your support!